If you are hiring a real estate professional to help you sell your home, make sure they have good answers to these five questions
When it comes time to sell a home, you have to make sure that you have the best chance at success. How does one do that? By hiring the best professional representation possible.
Working with a professional Realtor affords you all sorts of benefits when it comes to maximizing the outcome of your home sale. In order to make sure that the Realtor you pick is the best suited for the job, you need to ask these five screening questions:
1. “How many homes have you sold in the last 12 to 24 months?” This number will be a good indicator of whether they work part-time or full-time, as well as if they are somewhat productive or highly productive. A good follow-up to this question is, “What percentage of the sales are listing sales versus buyer sales?”
2. “What is your list-to-sale price ratio?” If your home is on the market for $700,000, what percent of that original price will this Realtor sell it for? This helps you know how strong your Realtor is. Those with percentages below 90 will not be as strong, and may not get you top dollar (no matter how much they claim they will). Those in the high 90s to 100% are the rockstars that will serve you well.
3. “What is your specific marketing plan to sell my home?” Does the Realtor even have one? 95% of all Realtors fall back on the automatic tools issued from their real estate board or their office. These are the ones you already know about—MLS, For Sale signs, open houses, Zillow, etc. True professionals are going to show you their specific plan that goes far beyond what you are used to seeing.
4. “What is your average days on market?” Ask them to compare their personal average with that of the market. This helps you identify how long it should take them to sell your home; that way, you can plan and prepare your move accordingly.
5. “Can I contact your past clients or view any testimonials?” Realtors can tell you how great they are until they are blue in the face, but to hear the actual experience from a past client will give you genuine feedback. Personal testimonials will give you a good idea of what you can expect from this Realtor.
If you going to be interviewing Realtors to help you manage one of the largest investments you have ever made, make sure that they can answer these five questions.
To hear my answers to these questions or any other questions you have, please feel free to reach out to me. I would be happy to share the information with you.